Getting to know WMMA via Twitter Series: Marie Hunte


We are honored here at SchenkMMA to be able to bring you not only the top names in WMMA today but also the up and comers.  This week you will get a chance to meet Marie Hunte she is just getting started down the path to becoming a fighter but as anyone who follows this young lady knows she has the heart of lion and the will to accomplish anything she puts her mind to.  If you aren't following her currently on Twitter you should look her up and give her a follow.  We'll help you out by putting a link to her Twitter account right here - MH_Wildcat.  So without further a due we would like to introduce you to Marie Hunte.






SchenkMMA: Tell us about yourself.


Marie: My name is Marie Hunte. I'm 27 years old. I live in Mississauga Ontario but I was born in Trinidad and Tobago. I've always been sort of athletic. What I mean by sort of is that I'm always training in something but when it was time to compete I've never been able to get out there. But now it's time to get in there and put in the work. I'd like to say I have a back up plan so to speak... I still have a full time job (Starbucks) and a college diploma (Everest- banking and financial services) but my passions are martial arts and writing...


Currently writing my first book... (young adult/teen fiction), working hard to pay the bills and training at Xtreme Couture Toronto...

 
SchenkMMA: What Martial Arts have you studied?

Marie:  In the past I've studied boxing (novice) and a little bit of Muay Thai (also novice).... until I re-aggrivated an old injury that has kept me on the sidelines for about a year and a half... But I want to get into a full MMA game...
 
SchenkMMA: What got you interested in WMMA?

Marie: What got me into WMMA was MMA it's self... I've been watching it for about 5 maybe 6 years now but didn't get bit by the bug until I saw UFC 100... there was something about the complete over-all game of GSP, or even Frank Mir (even though he got pounded out by Lesner) But what did it that night for me was Dan Henderson's KO win... I've always been a fan of Boxing but found that MMA saticfied something more within me.... So I went looking to see what the ladies looked like... and saw Kerry Vera, Cyborg, Miesha Tate, Tara LaRosa, Sarah Kaufman and yes Gina Conviction herself... and I knew that this was something I wanted to do... They inspired me...
 
SchenkMMA: Why do you follow SchenkMMA?

Marie: I follow because SchenkMMA is showing all female fighters love and support. I know first hand how hard it is to get that for what we do... For people to believe what we're doing and that we are just as good as, if not better than, the big boys. And I also wanted to return the favor... they're following me too. :)
 
SchenkMMA: Anyone you would like to send a shout out to? or mention?

Marie: As of right now... I just want to thank you for this opportunity to get to know me a little better... there's so much more but one step at a time. I also want to thank all of my followers for sticking with me through my venting and rambling... and just out right randomness...
 
Oh and before I forget... COMING SOON!!!! Precision FightWear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments they are always appreciated.